8 Week World of Wine Course
Welcome to the wonderful World of Wine!
The 8-week World of Wine course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for those that enjoy wine and would like to know more.
You do not need any previous experience, and the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. You will soon learn which wines you like and where to buy them.
- Over 50 wines will be tasted in 8 weeks
- Retail price of wines will be from £9 to over £25
- Discover when to obtain today's best value for money wines
- Wine and Food matching advice
- Common wine faults and how to spot them
- Storing and serving wine advice
- Taste the world's major grape varieties
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS AN EVENING?
Not a problem! You can either send a friend instead or pick up the missed session on a subsequent World of Wine course. You could also obtain a refund voucher valid for any North London Wine School events.
- Week One, Thurs 14th October: Introduction to Wine Tasting - How to taste like a professional, major grape varieties, aroma tests, wine tasting notes.
- Week Two, Thurs 21st October: France, Part One - Bordeaux and the South plus how to read French wine labels
- Week Three, Thurs 28th October: Australia, New Zealand and South Africa - Principle wines plus blind tasting and principle brands
- Week Four, Thurs 4th November: France, Part Two - Burgundy, Loire and the Rhone
- Week Five, Thurs 11th November: Spain, Italy and Portugal - Classic wines and styles plus how to pair wine with food
- Week Six, Thurs 18th November: The America's: USA, Chile, Argentina - Major wine styles, the 'Sideways' effect and the importance of climate
- Week Seven, Thurs 25th November: Germany, Austria, Alsace, UK - Plus storing and serving wine, common wine faults
- Week Eight, Thurs 2nd December: Champagne and Sparkling Wine Extravaganza!
WHAT WILL I GET FROM THE COURSE?
By the end of the course you will have a great understanding of the worlds' major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have an appreciation of the worlds' major wine regons and the wines they produce. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Places remaining: 11
Course Date/Time: Thu 14th Oct 2021 at 7pm
Duration: 2 hours x 8 weeks
Venue: Sir Richard Steele, Belsize Park