WSET Level 2 Evening course
Wednesday evenings for six sessions over 7 weeks
This exciting and structured course is the Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award and is intended as vocational training in product knowledge for those employed in the drinks industry who have little previous knowledge of the broad range of alcoholic beverages available. The qualification is suitable wherever a good level of product knowledge is required to underpin job skills and competencies.The course is also appropriate for those not employed in the drinks industry but who have a serious interest in wine, and wish to broaden their knowledge in a structured way. This qualification has full accreditation from the UK Government’s Qualifications & Curriculum Authority (NQCF) as a Level 2 Vocational Qualification.
EVENING COURSES - WHO ARE THEY DESIGNED FOR?
- We run evening sessions for those who are unable to sacrifice a working day or a weekend.
- The sessions run for 2.5 hours, starting at 7pm
- There are 6 evening sessions. At the end of the final session is the exam
COURSE OUTLINE (all Wednesday evenings):
- 15th May 2019 - Session 1 - Introduction & Tasting Technique
- 22nd May 2019 - Session 2 - Grapegrowing & Winemaking
- 29th May 2019 - Session 3 - Grape Varieties 1 & 2
- 5th June 2019 - Session 4 - Grape Varieties 3 & Italy, Spain & Portugal
- 19th June 2019 - Session 5 - Sparkling & Sweet wines, Fortified Wines
- 26th June 2019 - Session 6 - Exam preperation & 1-hour Exam (3 hours)
WHAT'S INCLUDED IN THE COURSE FEE?
- All WSET course materials including: Looking Behind the Label course manual, Study Guide and Tasting Card
- Use of ISO professional tasting glasses
- All tasting wine (approx 30-35 wines)
- All course handouts
- All course tuition
- Examination Paper
Places remaining: 14
Course Date/Time: Wed 15th May 2019 at
Venue: London Irish Centre