Saturday Intro with Lunch and Champagne
Our Saturday Introduction to Wine tasting course is a great way to spend the day - learning about wine in a fun and informal environment. We'll go through how to taste wine like a pro, discuss what makes a good quality wine and go through some basic guides to food and wine matching. We will taste twelve wines throughout the day, starting with Champagne, followed by whites and reds, hopefully, some of which you have not tried before.
All this, plus a sumptuous two course lunch at the multi-award winning Colonel Fawcett pub, just a short walk away. Here they curate a carefully sourced, seasonal British menu, they hold an extensive Gin range (over 60 varieties) and an ever-growing craft beer and ale selection.
The day runs from 11am to 4pm - starting with a decadent Champagne aperitif!
- Introduction to the major wine regions of the world
- Glass of Champagne on arrival
- Two-course lunch at the Colonel Fawcett pub - just a short walk from the Irish Centre
- Tutored tasting of 12 wines
- New World wine vs Old World classics
- Major red grape varieties: Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Pinot Noir and others
- Major white grape varieties: Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling and more
- How wine is made: grapes, fermenting, ageing
- How to taste wines like a professional: aromas, flavours, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine: tannin, acidity, oak
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- Which wines to buy, where to obtain the best value for money, storing and serving wine and understanding wine labels
- Food and wine matching tips and advice
The course would also make a great gift idea and can also be bought as a gift voucher
Places remaining: 5
Course Date/Time: Sat 1st Dec 2018 at 11am
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: London Irish Centre, Camden