WSET Level 1 Course £165
WSET Level 1
The WSET Level 1 Award in Wines (formerly known as the Foundation Certificate) is intended to establish the basic skills and product knowledge required in the service and retail of wine; it is ideal for preparing a person for their first job in hospitality or retail.
This course is also a good introductory course for the wine enthusiast who wishes to study in a structured way: the qualification will cover skills such as identifying wine styles, practice of storing and serving wine, and food and wine matching.
No previous experience of Wine Tasting is necessary to register on this course.
- Wine Tasting: Taste and describe wines using the WSET® Systematic Approach to Tasting
- Food and Wine Matching: A practical guide to the key considerations when matching food and wine successfully
- Wine Service and Storage: Learn the correct way to store and serve wine and recognise common faults found in wine
- Social Responsibility: A guide to sensible drinking
- Types and Styles of Wine: Learn about what makes wines taste different
- Grape Varieties : Learn about the characteristics and styles of wines produced from the main grape varieties
- Main white grape varieties: Chardonnay, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling
- Main black grape varieties: Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz
- Named Wines: White: Pinot Grigio, Muscadet, Sancerre, Chablis, Sauternes
- Red: Claret, Beaujolais, Châteauneuf-du-Pape, Rioja, Chianti
- Number of Wines Tasted: 10 wines will be tasted as part of the course
- Study Materials: Students will receive the WSET L1 Study Guide
- Duration of course: 1 day, including the examination
- Examination: 30 multiple-choice questions to be answered in 45 minutes. A mark of 70% required to pass
- Certification: All students who pass will be issued with a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin
To help you decide if this is the right course for you, the full WSET Level 1 Course Specification is available for more details, including sample exam questions (PDF)
WHY STUDY WITH US?
Local Wine School (of which North London Wine School is a part) is the UK's largest network of WSET certified educators. Over 1,400 successful WSET candidates in 2015. Chris Powell, the founder of our network, Local Wine School, won the coveted Riedel WSET Educator of the Year 2015 award. The Network has a history of prodcing WSET prize winners too - to see a list and further details, click here.
Open Gift Voucher for ANY WSET Level 1 Award Course at North London Wine School priced at £165. This is a great option if you are looking to cover the cost
Places remaining: 972
Open Gift Voucher for ANY WSET Level 2 Award Course at North London Wine School priced at £395. This is a great option if you are looking to cover the cost
Places remaining: 971
The Wine and Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 1 Award in Wine (formerly known as the Foundation Certificate) is the ideal starting point for anyone who would like to achieve
Places remaining: 6
Date/Time: 4th Jul 2020 at 11am
Venue: London Irish Centre, Camden