8 Week Introduction to Wine
- Over 60 wines will be tasted in 8 weeks
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £7 to over £20
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults and how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the worlds major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc, plus many others
This 8 Week Wine Course makes a great gift idea for any occasion and can be purchased as a gift voucher.
Course Fee Structure
Please Note: The course fee is £200. As a way of spreading out the cost, we ask for £120 payment on booking and then £10 in cash each evening. A great value and a saving on booking each night separately (this works out at £25 per evening, usual cost if you booked on a single evening is £27.50 to £35 per evening).
What if I have to miss any evenings? Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subsequent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our North London Wine School courses and tastings. However, we ask that you give us adequate notice if this is the case.
- Week 1: Introduction to Wine Tasting - How to taste like a professional, major grape varieties, aroma tests, wine tasting notes
- Week 2: France Part One - Bordeaux and the South, plus how to read French wine labels
- Week 3: Australia, New Zealand and South Africa - Principle wines plus blind tasting and wine brands
- Week 4: France Part Two- Burgundy, Loire and the Rhone
- Week 5: Spain, Italy and Portugal - Classic wines and styles plus how to pair wine with food
- Week 6: The Americas - USA, Chile and Argentina - Major wine styles, the 'Sideways' effect, and the importance of climate
- Week 7: Germany, Austria, Alsace, UK - Plus storing and serving wine and common wine faults
- Week 8: Champagne and Sparkling Wine
What Will I Get From The Course?
By the end of the eight evenings tasting wine you will have gained a good understanding of the major grape varieties of the world, and the wine styles they produce, and will:
- Taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked/spoiled wine.
- Have an appreciation of the world's major wine regions and the wines they produce.
- Gained an understanding of which foods match well with which wines and why.
- Have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
During the tastings, professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes, tasting sheets, maps and some food are all provided. See below for our next scheduled Introduction To Wine courses, or sign up to our monthly newsletter to be the first to know when new courses are added
Welcome to the wonderful World of Wine! The 8-week World of Wine course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for those that
Places remaining: 16
Date/Time: 25th Apr 2018 at 7pm
Venue: London Irish Centre, Camden