8 Week Intro Courses from £120
The 8-week World Course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it. You do not need any previous experience, and the emphasis is on learning by tasting different varieties of wine. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your love of wine. You will soon learn which wines you like and where to buy them.
- Over 60 wines will be tasted in 8 weeks
- Retail prices of wines tasted will be from £7 to over £20
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine & Food Matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing & Serving wine advice
- Taste the worlds major Grape Varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc, & many others
This 8-week Wine Course can also be purchased as a great Gift idea for any occasion
Course Fee Structure - Please Note: The full cost of the course is £200 - As a way of spreading the cost we ask for £120 on booking the course and then £10 in cash each evening
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
Not a problem. You may either send a substitute, or pick up the missed session on a subseqent World Course, or obtain a refund voucher valid for any of our North London Wine School courses and tastings.
COURSE PROGRAMME (8 weeks):
- Week 1: Introduction to Wine Tasting - How to taste like a professional, major grape varieties, aroma tests, wine tasting notes
- Week 2: France Part One - Bordeaux and the South, plus how to read French wine labels
- Week 3: Australia, New Zealand and South Africa - Principle wines plus blind tasting and wine brands
- Week 4: France Part Deux - Burgundy, Loire and the Rhone
- Week 5: Spain, Italy and Portugal - Classic wines and styles plus how to pir wine with food
- Week 6: The Americas - USA, Chile and Argentina - Major wine styles, the 'Sideways' effect, and the importance of climate
- Week 7: Germany, Austria, Alsace, UK - Plsu storing and serving wine and common wine faults
- Week 8: Champagne and Sparkling Wine
WHAT SHOULD I GET FROM THE COURSE ?
By the end of the 8 Evenings you will have gained a good understanding of the worlds major grape varieties and the wine styles they produce. You will have learnt to taste wine like a professional, and be able to identify a corked wine. You will also have an appreciation of the worlds major wine regions and the wines they produce. You will also have learnt which foods match well with which wines and why. You will also have developed your sense of smell and wine vocabulary.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes, tasting sheets, maps and some food are all provided.
Our North London Wine School is moving to NEW premises in the beautiful, leafy surrounds of Camden Square in the atmospheric London Irish Centre. 50-52 Camden Square, London NW1 9XB.
Wine tastings and wine courses are available to book now, and the Wine School will open from Thurs 17 Nov 2016.
Welcome to the wonderful World of Wine! The 8-week World of Wine course is structured as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is designed specifically for those that
Places remaining: 16
Date/Time: 15th Feb 2018 at 7pm
Venue: London Irish Centre, Camden